Sunday, June 19, 2011

An Attempt at Craftiness & Adoption Puzzle Week 2

Kevin and I have been getting the nursery ready, because we have no idea when we might get "the call".  We might have zero notice, so we (I) at least wanted to have furniture and painting ready.  The rest can come later.  I'll post pictures later this week of what we've done so far.  My mom gave me a small dresser that she thought we could use in the closet for additional storage.  Hanging baby clothes don't really come down very far, so it was a great idea.  Here are the before pictures...



The dresser is the perfect size for the closet, but was definitely the wrong color.  So I went to Lowes, bought a quart of paint and then hit up Hobby Lobby for new drawer pulls (they were 60% off- yay!).  Here are the results...



Here is a close up of the drawer pulls.  They match the room color (which you can see in the background of the above pictures). 


And now a quick adoption puzzle fundraiser update... At this point 30 puzzle pieces have been sponsored, for a total of $150 raised.  Here's a picture of the puzzle in progress.  It's definitely getting bigger!

And last, Happy Father's Day to my Dad, and all of the other father's out there.  I hope you had a special day and that your children are as grateful and thankful for you as I am for my Dad.  I love you!

1 comment:

  1. That looks almost like the dresser we had when Anna Kayla was born. We used it in her closet, then Land used it in his closet and now Clara Beth and Emanuiel have it in their colset! I am sure you will be using it for a long time to come! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved