Thursday, July 14, 2011

A God Thing

One more great story to share about our adoption.  Let's go all the way back to April 4th, the day that we were "officially" waiting.  Just for fun, Kevin and I decided to throw guesses out there as to when all of this was going to happen.  I can't even remember if we were guessing when we'd get matched, or when the placement would happen, or WHAT.  Kevin said he was going to be very optimistic, and chose some date in May.  Obviously, that one didn't work out.  I decided to still be optimistic and say August 8th.  Our anniversary is August 11th so I thought that would be a GREAT anniversary present, so that is sort of how I came to my date.  At that point, we'd only have been waiting about 4 months and the average wait for our agency is about a year. I knew it probably wasn't going to happen but hey, it was just a guess. 

Anyway, if you read the post on Saturday about how we got matched, you know that when our adoption worker (Jane) first called on Wednesdsay, June 29th, to tell us about these expectant parents, she told us that the due date was late August to early September.  Perfect, we thought.  Plenty of time to prepare, but not too far off.  Then on Friday, July 1st, I called the expectant parent's adoption worker (Erica) to set up a date and time to meet with them.  During the call, Erica gave us a little more background information on the expectant parents, told us the process of how things would happen since it is a NC adoption, and then said "Oh, by the way,  I think I told Jane the wrong due date.  I don't know what I was thinking.  I know when she is due, and it's not the end of August.  Her due date is actually August 8th."  I was shocked and speechless!  Yes, August 8th was my "guess" at the very beginning of this whole journey!  How AMAZING (Kevin's favorite word) is that?  I think my friend J* said it best in a post that she wrote just today....

Mark 11:24 "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."


and, I believe I've shared this one before but....


Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."


God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved