Sunday, December 11, 2011

Garlic Baked Spaghetti

Thanks again, Pinterest, for giving me another easy recipe to add to the collection.  This one was pulled from here but I altered it a little bit.  Basically instead of eating spaghetti with a side of garlic bread, this recipe combines it all into one.  Kevin called it the spaghetti calzone, and actually that's exactly what it was.  The original recipe calls for bread dough or dinner rolls, but I used pizza dough.  I guess the only difference is that my bread/crust wasn't as light and fluffy.  It was more calzone/pizza-like.  Still pretty good.

Before baking:

And after:


Basically, make spaghetti the way you normally would and go ahead and mix your sauce and noodles.  Then roll out your dough and put a row of spaghetti.  I put a little more sauce on top just because I like a lot of sauce.  Top with lots of mozzarella cheese.  Then cut your dough from the spaghetti row outward toward the edges. Pull the strips toward the center of the spaghetti, alternating sides.  Brush the top with one egg white, and sprinkle with garlic powder, parsley, and parmesan cheese.  Bake for about 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees (If you decide to use pizza dough, follow the directions on the box for cooking- mine was at 450 for about 30 minutes).  

Anybody else have any easy recipes to share?  I'm always looking out for something new.  It seems like we eat the same few things over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved