Friday, December 30, 2011

Kate's First Christmas - Part 3

We left my parent's house around 3ish on the 26th to head home.  Kevin wanted to check on something at Best Buy so we stopped there on our way home.  BIG mistake.  Kate woke up just as we pulled into the parking lot, and was so ready to get out of her car seat and have a bottle.  Kevin hurried into Best Buy while I tried to occupy Kate in the car.  I pulled out just about every Christmas toy she received.  The one that worked the best was her Baby Einstein octopus that was a gift from Kristi.  It plays music if you squeeze his head and it names the colors on each of the tentacles. 




We made it home around 5ish and fed Kate her bottle.  She was exhausted so she was content to just sit in her Boppy and chill out.  




And then we opened OUR presents. Kevin got a golf club, tennis shoes, a couple of DVDs, and some clothes.  Kevin wrapped all of my Christmas and birthday gifts together and since my birthday was just the next day, he told me to just open it all.  He gave me a sewing machine, a new bible, and matching palm tree earrings and necklace.  So pretty!  I'm also super pumped about my new bible.  I've had the same bible since high school and I love it, but it's so big and heavy.  Not a problem when all I had to bring to church was myself, my purse, and my bible, but now you add in a baby in a 12 lb carrier and her diaper bag, and my hands are FULL.  He got me a small bible that will fit in my purse, or in Kate's diaper bag.  And it's so pretty too. 


Kate got a Baby Bullet, and a few other small toys and small things she needed.  She's 4.5 months old.  There's not much she needs right now, and she's just now figuring out the toy thing. We all had a great Christmas just being around family and friends. 

PS- I'll probably blog more about the Baby Bullet soon.  Does anybody have experience with it? 




And then it was bedtime, and by this point Kate was thinking "Mom, PLEASE no more pictures."  I have a feeling she WILL be saying that at some point in the future.


And so that wraps up Christmas 2011 for us.  I think it was fitting that our last Christmas celebration was for our family of three.  I have to say that this has been one of the BEST Christmas's ever.  It's been such a memorable December, celebrating Christmas with Kate for the very first time.  Since she's only 4.5 months old, she had no clue what was going on.  This Christmas was more for us than it was for her.  I imagine next Christmas will be even more crazy and exciting, but I hope that through the actions and words of Kevin and myself, she'll learn the true meaning of Christmas.  It's not about the presents, and it's not even about spending time with family and friends.  It's about a baby.  It's about Jesus.  All of those other things are BECAUSE of Jesus.  


I realize that we're 5 days past Christmas, but the celebration that comes with Christmas should be an all-year thing.  The thanksgiving for the true meaning of Christmas should carry over into January, and February, and March....  And THAT is what Christmas is all about. 

Wishing you all one more Merry Christmas from our family to yours, 



1 comment:

  1. I just used a mini food processor, but I loved making baby food for Landrie and will do it again in a few months for Tatem! This website has lots of great tips and recipes too. :)
    http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/index.htm

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved