Saturday, July 7, 2012

Catching Up...

We tried to go watch the big fireworks display that they do downtown on Wednesday night, but it didn't quite work out.  The timeline of events online showed that the fireworks were supposed to start at 9:30 pm.  We got there about 9:25 so we knew we would have to wait a few minutes.  We waited, and waited, and waited.  While we killed time, Kate played around in the car with my phone, pretended to drive, etc. 





At 9:55 we gave up.  It was already WAY past Kate's bedtime, and we both had to go to work the next day.  So we drove home.  I'm sure they started the fireworks 10 min after we left, but we were kind of glad not to be caught in the downtown traffic.  I'd heard that they were expecting close to 50,000 people, and some of my co-workers said it was a nightmare trying to get out of there.  Oh well.  Kate isn't old enough to remember any of it anyway.  Maybe next year.  

Thursday evening we went back to the car dealership to get my spare key, the book that goes with the car, etc.  We just didn't have time to get all of that when we bought it on Tuesday since it was already pretty late.  Kate had fun playing in their little kid room. 




And, I have tons of pictures from today so I will post those tomorrow.  We didn't do anything special; I just actually pulled out my camera instead of using my phone all day. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved