Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Food Again

I tried yet another recipe this week, and it was really good.  We'll be doing it again so I'll share it on here.  I definitely messed up the recipe and sort of made it my own, but I like the way it turned out so I'll probably do it the same way again.  I got the recipe for these Chicken Roll-ups from here (courtesy of Pinterest, of course).  So here's how I did it:

Ingredients:
1 (8 ounce) cans Reduced Fat Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
2 cups grated cheddar cheese (or any cheese of choice)

4 ounces cream cheese (very soft)  (I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese)
1 tablespoons butter (very soft but not melted)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 tsp minced onion flakes
1 large cooked chicken breasts, finely chopped or shredded
1/2 tsp seasoning salt

1/2 tsp ground black pepper (or to taste)
1 Tbsp. milk


Recipe: 
Set oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13 dish with cooking spray. 

For the topping, mix together the following:
1 tbsp milk
1/2 cup cheese
1/2 of can of undiluted chicken soup. 
After well blended, set aside.  

For the filling, in a separate bowl the following until well blended:
4 oz of soft cream cheese
1 tbsp of butter
1/2 tsp of garlic powder. 
Chopped/shredded chicken
1/2 tsp onion flakes
1/2 cup of cheddar cheese
Remaining 1/2 can of undiluted chicken soup 
Season with seasoned salt or white and black pepper to taste. 

Unroll the crescent rolls. Place 1 heaping tablespoon chicken filling (or a little more) on top of each crescent triangle, then roll up starting at the thicker end. Repeat for all 8 crescent rolls.
Drizzle a small amount of the topping mixture on the bottom of the dish. 
Place the crescent rolls seam-side down on top of the creamed mixture in the casserole.


Drizzle the remaining topping on top and sprinkle with 1 cup (or more) grated cheese, or amount desired. 


Bake for about 30 minutes and ENJOY. 


You could definitely make the topping and mixtures before hand and just leave them in the refrigerator until it was time to roll them up and bake them.  Oh, and for the chicken, I just boiled a few boneless skinless chicken breasts in my crockpot right before I went to bed- just put them on high for 4 hrs, and they were ready in the morning (my crockpot switches to low/warm after it finishes).  Anyway, we'll be doing this one again at some point. 

And because I can't do a whole post without a few pictures of Kate, here is what she was doing tonight.   She was walking all around the house holding 2 things- my brush and her comb.  My little girly girl. :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved