Saturday, September 15, 2012

Mini Mozart

I took piano lessons from the time I was around 6-7 years old until I graduated high school.  That's a long time.  I wasn't all that talented, but I did enjoy it... for the most part.  I enjoyed when I got to play what I wanted and play around on the piano, but I didn't enjoy it too much when my mom was MAKING me practice.  I'm sure every elementary and middle school piano student can relate. :) 

Anyway, a while back Kevin and I inherited the piano that I learned to play on.  It went in our formal living room and just sat there.  I've played around on it a few times, but honestly not that much.  I've mentioned on here that Kate LOVES music, and now that she's gotten a little older she has taken a big interest in our piano. 



I've actually been really surprised at her.  I honestly thought she would just bang on the keys, but she doesn't.  Instead of using her whole hands and pounding, she'll play one or two notes at a time.  




She's so funny.  She usually doesn't like anybody to sit on the bench with her or play the piano at the same time as her.  She will push you away.  Literally.  Until you move. 




I will say that she has figured out that I know how to play a little bit, so sometimes she will grab my hands and put them on the piano.  I'll play a few short things and then she'll push me away like "now it's MY turn".   



Or she'll grab my hands again and that means she wants me to hold her fingers and help her play something.  So I'll hold her little index fingers and we'll play Heart & Soul. :) 


Maybe she'll want to play the piano when she gets bigger, or maybe she won't.  Right now it's just fun seeing her play around on it.  My little baby Mozart.




2 comments:

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved