Friday, June 14, 2013

5 on Friday

Who has time for real blogging anymore? It seems like lately, all I have time for are random posts like this one, so I figured I might as well join in on the fun and link up with the Five on Friday series hosted by Darci, April, Christina and Natasha.


So here we go...

1. I am heading to Chicago soon and I'm really looking forward to it.  I've got a 3 day class up there, so Kevin and Kate decided to tag along.  We're adding a few more days to the trip so we can have some time to see and do a few things (like a Cubs game and maybe a Brewers game too since they are playing the Braves).  Oh, and don't forget the Giordano's pizza.  We definitely won't be missing out on that.  Kate's really looking forward to it too.  When we ask her where we are going, she says "Air-pork. Air-pane. Zoom!"  I've never been to Chicago so this should be a lot of fun. Anybody ever been there with a toddler?  What are some of the "can't miss out on" things to do? 

2. I love that Pinterest has updated their program to let you know when you've already pinned something that you're trying to pin again.  Maybe this isn't a super new feature, but just tonight I was trying to pin a recipe that looked yummy.  Pinterest told me that I'd already pinned it so it made me think "Why in the world haven't I tried this one yet?"  We'll be trying it soon... especially since it's a crock-pot recipe! 

3.  We've really been enjoying the longer daylight hours and have made the most of our outside time.  This evening we went back to the park after dinner.  Kate had so much fun on the slides, and even went down them all by herself.  She is getting so big. It makes me happy/sad.



4. In other news that nobody cares about, but makes me excited, my tomato plants now actually have tomatoes on them.  They've only been in the ground 2 weeks, so I'm shocked that we even have any.  We'll see if they actually start to grow and ripen.  I do not have the greenest thumb. PS- I don't even really like tomatoes, but Kevin does.  That makes me a good wife, right? :)



5. To say that Kevin likes golf would be a bit of an understatement.  Of course this week we've been watching the U.S. Open.  I enjoy watching golf too, although I don't play.  Even when she was a baby, Kate loved watching golf on TV, which really confused us since it's not exactly a fast-paced sport.  It seems like we have a mini wanna-be golfer in our house.  Can we say scholarship?




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved