Thursday, October 10, 2013

Baby Leftovers

I'm blogging in the waiting room while Kate is in dance. Multi-tasking at it's finest. So as I watch her do all the "big girl" stuff with the other kids her age, it makes me miss a lot of the baby stuff.  The part where she wasn't so independent.  And she's just two.  I can't even imagine how I'll feel when she's 7, or 15, or all grown up!  But even though I consider her a "big girl" now, we do still have a little bit of the baby leftovers, and I try to make the most of those.

We were outside working in the yard yesterday when Kate held up her arms to me and said "Hold you!"  And even though I was in the middle of something, and Kate now weighs more than I can handle for any extended period of time, there's no way I was gonna say "no", right?  Of course she wanted me to carry her ALL OVER the yard, and I knew I'd be sore because of it, but oh well.  Time goes by so fast, there's no way I was going to turn down the chance for one of those moments.  Especially knowing they would only get less and less as the years go by.

Some of the other baby leftovers that we're enjoying have to do with Kate's language.  She has started stringing so many words together and making longer and longer sentences.  It seems like a few short months ago, she was only saying one word at a time.  Of course her sentences don't always entirely make sense.  Kevin and I are constantly looking at each other and saying "I have no idea."

I know technically I should correct her when she says things wrong (times when I actually understand what she's trying to say), but it's just too cute and funny right now.  Here are a couple of the things she's said lately:

"MY help you!" or "MY do it!"
(I'll help you or I'll do it)

Pointing to my face- "Mommy, pickles!"
(Mommy's freckles.)

"Hep me do it."
(Help me do it.)

Ef-a-lent.
(Elephant.)



(Sorry if this was a boring post. It's all in the name of documenting stuff for Kate's baby book, since that's basically what this blog is.)

2 comments:

  1. Emma says "hold you" too when she wants us to hold her. That's too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way toddlers/preschoolers say things! I had a student last year whose mom told me I had to correct his speech (which I did MOST of the time), but it was just too fun to hear him say Tooper instead of Cooper and Tutew instead of Tucker, hee hee!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved