Monday, February 16, 2015

Little Valentines

Saturday was Karsten's FIRST Valentines day and Kate's FOURTH.

Crazy to think that Kevin and I celebrated FOUR Valentine's days together as a family of two, and now we have celebrated FOUR Valentine's days together as parents.  I have to say, we had a five year plan when it came to kids. I'm so glad we decided to move that up a year.  Because now we have this:


We might get to 8pm and both be exhausted, and frustrated, and just so READY to have two kids tucked into bed so we can have a short break from the tears and constant questions, but believe me, we wouldn't change having these two for anything! Being a parent is no joke, but it is the most rewarding job we'll ever have. The smiles and laughs and hugs are worth more than we can measure and we look forward to each one. 

We definitely prayed for these girls, and God knew just what was in store for us. In fact, we put this verse on the wall of the nursery, the room that we brought Kate home to and now the room that Karsten was welcomed into:

For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him.
1 Samuel 1:27

Yes.  Yes, He did!

Of course with this being Karsten's very first Valentine's Day, I had to document the day. So while Kate napped (or pretended to nap), Karsten and I took a few quick pictures. I cannot believe how big she has gotten. Time just needs to slow down a bit!



Oh this sweet little profile. 




Our Valentine's day was low key. We didn't leave our house all day and spent more than half of it in our PJs, watching movies, coloring and doing normal household chores. It might not have been big or grand, but hopefully some of those normal, every day, at-home memories will be ones that our girls will look back on and remember forever!


3 comments:

  1. Everyday at-home memories are the best memories. I think your Valentine's day sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are precious! Valentines is a day for loving on others, it sounds like yours was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your children have beautiful eyes! Congrats on the success of the adoption. I hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day -- Patti

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved