Sunday, April 30, 2017

Sister, Sister

These two girls were meant to be sisters, and only God could orchestrate their stories to bring them together in one family.


I'm so thankful that they have each other.  They love each other fiercely, and look out for one another. Anytime Karsten gets something (like a toy or a snack) she always asks for another, because "I need one for Kate."  Kate is her favorite person in the whole world, and I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual.


We had THE HARDEST TIME keeping Kate out of Karsten's face when Karsten was a baby. She would love to touch Karsten's nose and lips and cheeks.  Even now, Kate can't seem to stay away. When I ask to take their picture, it's not enough for Kate to stand beside her little sister. She has to bend down and put her face right up against Karsten's, because she loves her that much. 


Since I have had the privilege of growing up with a sister, I know just how special it is. I pray these two grow up to be best friends, to share their secrets, and to support one another.  I pray that they realize what a blessing that it is that they have each other.


I recently saw a quote from Elizabeth Barrett Browning that perfectly sums up my opinion of these two little girls.

"God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame."





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved