Thursday, November 9, 2017

World Adoption Day 2017

Today is World Adoption Day.  Never heard of it?  Well to be honest, neither had I until about 3 years ago.   Back when I took this picture on November 9, 2014...


Do you spy a sleeping Karsten in this picture? She was only a month old but I couldn't leave her out! I took this picture very sleep deprived and trying to figure out the whole "mom of two" deal.  Three years later and I'm not sure that I'll ever actually figure that one out! 

The next year (2015), we all got into the picture with our smiley hands.


Last year Kevin and I were in Las Vegas 


And this year - we did it again! 


What is World Adoption Day?  It's simply a day to raise awareness of adoption, and to celebrate family.  I love this tradition of ours.  Kate and Karsten have known of adoption for their entire lives.  They might not be able to explain every detail about it, but they know that it is how our family grew to include them, and they know it is something very special.  We want them to be proud of how they came into our family. 



Six years ago (August 2011) and three years ago (October 2014), Kevin and I got two of the very best gifts ever when they were placed in our arms.  Their birth families chose to selflessly place their daughters with our family. We thank God daily that He led them to us and that they trusted us to be their parents. When you know our story, and all the details that God worked out to knit our family together, you'll understand why I talk about adoption all the time.  It made me a mom. And that's why I will always be an advocate for adoption.    

World Adoption Day 2017: http://worldadoptionday.org 

What's even better than an earthly adoption?  A spiritual adoption!  Want to know more?  Send me an email! kelleyandkevin(at)yahoo(dot)com

So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God's Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, "Abba, Father."
Romans 8:15

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you- new friends or old!

tmb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Follow on Bloglovin
Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

tmb banner





 




 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved